Since 2013, claiming back tax on donations has been even easier: just fill out one form and we can claim tax back on your gifts for the next five years.
Just a minute of your time can really make a lifetime of a difference, with no hassle and no fuss for you.
If you’re a taxpayer, either via PAYE or self-employed, and gave €250 or more to Sightsavers during 2013 or any year after, we can claim back the tax you have already paid on your donations from the Revenue. This means a donation of €250 is actually worth €362.32 – that’s an additional €112.32!
This extra amount alone could pay for a child cataract operation, two sight-saving trachoma operations, or medication to protect six communities from river blindness for a year.
All of these treatments will have a profound effect on the people who receive them. As well as saving their sight, you’ll be giving people back their independence, boosting their chances of an education and protecting their livelihoods. You really could make a life-changing difference to hundreds of people at no extra cost.
Five simple steps to complete your tax form
Just download this tax form and follow the steps to make your gifts go even further. It’ll take less than a minute!
- Complete your contact details and PPS number.
- Enter “Sightsavers Ireland” as the eligible charity.
- Enter your first tax year – this is the first year that you’ve given €250 or more to Sightsavers. If you’re not sure, we can help. Just call us on 01 663 7666 to find out.
- Sign and date the bottom of the form.
- Send it to Sightsavers Ireland, First Floor, Spencer House, Spencer Row, Freepost FDN5241, Dublin 1, and we’ll take care of the rest.
In the case of corporate donations, the company can claim a deduction as if it were a trading expense.
Find out more by watching our video.