Fancy swapping jokes with Romesh Ranganathan? Having a one-on-one photography session with Rankin? Or enjoying a pre-gig gossip with Rita Ora?
Perhaps you’d like to spend the morning watching Lorraine Kelly as she films her ITV show, or take a trip to the theatre with Haydn Gwynne?
Sightsavers is making these dream experiences a reality for fans by teaming up with eBay for its latest celebrity auction. From 22 February to 3 March, fans can visit the auction at www.ebay.co.uk/sightsavers and bid on the opportunity to win these up-close-and-personal experiences with the stars.
Lorraine Kelly said: “Since starting my work with Sightsavers eight years ago, I’ve seen the massive difference they’ve made to people with visual impairments in so many countries. There’s more to do and I’m happy to be involved.”
All money raised through the auction will go towards Sightsavers’ End is in Sight appeal, which aims to eliminate blinding trachoma. This agonising disease is the world’s leading infectious cause of blindness and has existed for thousands of years. Yet it is completely preventable and elimination is now only a few years away. It costs Sightsavers just 15p to protect someone from trachoma for a year.
The full list of celebrity items on offer
- Meet Rita Ora and see her perform live
- A tour of the Crystal Maze set with host Richard Ayoade
- A signed pair of Kate Moss’s shoes
- A photoshoot with photographer Rankin and a tour of his studio
- A trip to the theatre in London with Haydn Gwynne
- A tour of the Lorraine studios to watch the show being broadcast live
- Meet Romesh Ranganathan, plus tickets to his show
- Signed copies of Annie Lennox’s albums ‘Medusa’ and ‘Diva’ on vinyl
- Signed copy of Stephen Fry’s book ‘Mythos’
- Signed copy of Katie Piper’s book ‘Confidence: The Journal’
- Signed copy of ‘Light out of Deep Darkness’, a biography of pioneering eye expert Arthur Ferguson MacCallan